Friday, August 8

An Everlasting Smile...

We can’t force ourselves to love, or to withhold love. At best, we can curb our actions. The heart itself is beyond control. That is its power... And it’s weakness... - The Palace Of Illusions

Well well well... Chilly mornings Pune’s got, I wake up wid a sniffle each day as I leave d warmth and coziness of my blanket and start the tedious process to get ready for work. I have a horrible cold (anybody got d Guinness for sneezing 12 times in a row in under 2 minutes?) I think I ought to change my name to Droopy with d expression dat m carryin around all day...

Draupadi’s doin wel; not really actually, coz if a reader is moved to tears after reading her “Cheerharan” then u can only imagine how she must have felt whn she was at d receiving end... Man, I don’t blame her one bit for hating her husbands and family and cursing everyone present in Duryodhan’s court. Dat’s how a woman’s life and emotions are. She can do anything to protect the ones she loves, but men (sorry to all you male readers here, but dat ain’t ur personal fault, ur jus made dat way!), all they can think of is themselves, their word and their gain. Anyway, d book is magnificent, so if u can muster a lil patience and passion, it’s worth a read. Divakaruni's style makes d words come alive, and even stories you'v heard before take on a new meanin and intensity. I DON’T want to finish it, but I dnt think dat’s gona b possible at d rate at which m gobblin d pages... Jus cant stop reading! 290 down already, barely 70 left, and it’s been hardly 2 weeks (wid lil leisure time to read, if I may add)...

Talking about recommendations, people ask interesting Qs on LI, and its great to c so many people have a gud sensa humor and philosophy whn they answer... Being an expressive, talkative types (dnt u all kno dat so wel by now?!) I luv goin onto the LI Q-A section and asking and answerin Qs wise and silly. If u’v been smart n strong enuf to endure my blog, then m sure u’d like dat, too ;-)

My office is bang opposite Jeevan-Jyot school for negatively exceptional kids. So, I get to hear the national anthem and Vande Mataram everyday. It’s wonderful :-) Its also very nostalgic whn I hear d dum-dum-dum of drums and chan-chan-chan of d lejhim as the kids are practicing. Reminded me of my schooldays, which now seem light years away, tho its been barely 7 years. Looking outa my office window one afternoon, I saw a girl throwin a fit. At first it was scary, then heart-rending, and finally pitiable. Why does God make people like this? Why does God make their families suffer like this? Why does any bad happen in the world? Is it coz bad people need to atone for their bad deeds, or is it to prevent something worse?

Probably d best way to start respecting Life and loving your own, is to visit sucha school or hospital. D sick and wounded wid their partly achin and partly smiling faces will immediately make u feel grateful and blesd for all dat u have... Which one personally never thinks is enuf...

Reminds me of a movie I saw d day before yesterday on HBO – The Net 2.0. I was channel-surfing after work, and stumbled upon this movie where an American gal (the protagonist, Hope Cassiddy) is not satisfied wid her life, and has no family except for a boyfren. She gets a job offer to work in Istanbul, Turkey, and against her bf’s pleas, she grabs d chance wid both hands. Then wat follows is a crazy series of events (for us and Hope), which is actually carefully choreographed by the Master-Mind. Hope finds respite in a freaky over-helpful driver Osman (“Ozzmann”) and a charming airhostess Roxelena, but dats lil help as she is robbed of her identity, charged wid murder and robbery, and plus some impostor taking her place. (A wake-up call for all of us who think our lives are forever and our lives are ours and everyone knows us. Coz when u hav no ID to prove your existence, thn ur as gud as invisible, worse ur a criminal...) The movie was thrillin and I cudnt take my eyes off d screen (except to dash off n fill a few buckets during d break, whn my mum was yellin coz of d water shortage these days). A good movie, albeit wid a few Bollywood misgivings (especially d scene whr a woman is stabbed in broad daylight and foolish Hope pulls out the bloody knife from her stomach). But d pace, unpredictability and striking accent (both Turkish and English) make up for it. As does d gorgeous actress and her cute smile :-D

Cute smile... Have you ever seen how beautiful people look whn they smile? Any face, contorted or stunning, chubby or pale, fair or dark... (u get it don’t u?!!) It’s like sunshine streaming down n brightenin up d place, whn a person smiles... I’ve hardly seen few folks who actually look horrifying whn they smile... The rest... All Mr and Ms. Worlds in their own right! C’mon, m sure you can manage one right this minute... No-one’s watching... and even if they are, y do u give a horse’s ***... My my my... YOU’RE LOOKING FANTASTIC... Once more, buddy!! You can do it again! As I read somewhr - keep smilin, makes ppl wonder wat ur upto ;-)

So keep up d grin n show those pearly whites!
Kya aap closeup karte haiiiiiiiiiii...

Brings me to the end of yet anodr post. Have a grrr8 weekend n I’l c u again soon!

Luv,
Anuja

2 comments:

sumant said...

Wonderful..jst awesome..i read each line tht made me feel read the nxt..nvr felt the urge to read more..sometimes i feel tht writin is such gr8 skill, u can express btr than u can actually talk.. So wont say keep writing dis time after i got a bad response frm the author of dis blog ; ) but definitely say " hve fun and njoy mre whn u write more" till then sade bin al habibi habibi

Princess said...

Ur makhte mas milahi ;-)
Thanks, Sumant. Its true I'm assertive and expressive, but its not true that anyone is this world isnt... If one feels truly from the heart, words automatically take form... Some need to try a lil hard, datsit! Thanks once again for your continued appreciation and regular acknowledgement :-)

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...