Saturday, February 26

Silver Silence

You say I do nothing for you,
You say I don’t care,
I know I’m doing the best that my body and mind will allow,
But I shall remain silent.
Silent, as you voice all your misplaced anger.
I’ve given you that right.
I love you.
And I hope you realise that some day.

You hurt me in ways galore,
My pleas and protests fall on deaf ears,
I know I’m giving this the best I’ve got,
But I shall remain silent.
Silent, as you ignore me and make me feel wronged.
I’d given you that right.
I loved you.
And I hope you’ll sense that in your times of loneliness and sorrow.

You tell me not to think,
You laugh coz my feelings are sentimental and far-fetched,
I writhe in pain and jump in glee,
But I shall remain silent.
Silent, as you appraise and mock me.
I see you for the moments you’re losing by choosing not to celebrate.
I pray you evolve.
And I hope you witness life for how beautiful it is than for how you think it should be.

You help me rise when I’m down,
You’ve been there when I was depressed and lost,
I can’t describe enough how much I’m indebted,
After thanking you once, I shall thank you again.
Shan’t remain silent.
Will show my appreciation and vulnerability as you show me you care.
I’ve given you that right.
I love you.
And I hope you’ll stand by me forever.


I promise I will stay…
No matter you misjudge, disregard or ridicule me.
Coz that what makes me me.
And I can’t be you.
I choose not to be you.
So what if it means a few extra tears.
I’ll wait.
Till you know my worth.
And later too…

You're lucky I'm me...


-Princess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey
I love dis one..be happy and stay true to ur own self..god bless u, Anuja Rathi:)

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...