Saturday, June 27

Where do we go now...

Now and then when I see her face, She takes me away to that special place... And if I'd stare too long, I'd probably break down and cry...

Can't stop humming Sweet Child o Mine by Guns and Roses. Watta lovely song! And the beats... Stunning!! Especially when someone sings it to you... Wowwww, feels great :-)

I've been taking it easy, and loving it for the past month. It's been approx 25 days since I resigned from my full-time position, and it's not bad at all. I get to read, I get to laze about, I can swim, and I can hang out... Money's not everything in this world, buddies!!

(I'm not recommending all of you to leave your job!!)

But I'm surely recommending this - check out a few funky shows on MTV and Channel V. They're worth the time!

The programmes in question are Airtel MTV Connected which stars twins who display their kosmic connection. The judges are none other than Nikhil Chinappa and the now famous twin-pair Raghu and Rajiv of Roadies fame. One pair of the twins on the show are apna Naumi and his twin - Salman. Quite a fraternity... Some of them do real silly things, but it can be quite interesting at times. Check out on Saturday night at 7.

The other show is Channel V English Medium. Here they translate the lyrics of a song into English. Which means Mar Jaani from Billu (Barber) becomes I'm going to die, I swear I'm going to die :-D
Hilarioussssssss...

Simpoo's Super Hits with comments and Nach Le with Santa Banta, both on Channel V are also good timepass. Love the way Banta does the moon walk, and Santa shakes his booty!

Too much about TV... Time to tell you something more educational ;-) I realised I couldn't take Chamundi Hill in concentrated doses anymore so I started The Associate alongside. I actually hate reading two books simultaneously, but I just HAD to do it this time. I've however discovered a more useful application of Glucklich's tales. They can be read to kids as bedtime stories... Minus the moral and philosophical baloney...

Grisham's novel is about this brilliant law student Kyle McAvoy who is blackmailed to join a reputed firm and steal important secrets. The classical paradox of how doing exactly what you want to do can become so detestable coz someone else is holding the threads and you're a mere puppet... So far, so good...

Someone has aptly nicknamed me "Water Baby". It's my Day 8 of swimming, and I've already been moved to the 5 feet depth... What sure counts is that I'm 5 feet 7+ so my head stands above the water level. It's still difficult though, the breast-stroke (which I think should be renamed as the turtle/tortoise stroke). I've got this horrible cramp in my leg for the last 2 days, and my arms are aching like hell! But nothing can beat the fun of staying above the water and moving your body artfully... Feels sexy ;-)

What still remains a challenge is holding your breath underwater. I watched David Blaine on AXN the other day in a show titled Drowned Alive, and the dude held his breath underwater for a solid 7 and 1/2 minutes... Shucks... Some magician! (But hey, I can breathe while I swim now, so this doesn't worry me much!)

Women are SOOO typical. I mean even before they put their fingers into the shower, they squeal and shriek saying the water is chilly. They comment on other swimmers in their oh-so-passe manner "Agaaa baiii, she joined yesterday only naaaa, she swims so well, very light naaaa, and age also...." :-D

Scarcely is that done than they announce their difficulties time and again to anyone who can spare a moment. "When I was small na, I almost drowned, so I am verryyyyy scared of water u know..." and "I'm so fat na, it is very tough to float the body" ROFL...

They laugh at silliest jokes by the coach, and spend half their time in the pool looking at other people. Well... fine, suit yourself... But what annoys me now is that the coach doesn't get into the water himself to teach us. He stands and walks around as he guides us and points out our mistakes and strengths. Never seen a swimming instructor behave this way... Maybe it's coz its the ladies batch, so he doesn't feel comfy sharing the pool with so many oomph-laden dames ;-) (The caretaker has no such qualms, and he enters the water full force, bald head and funny trunk in tow...)

There are these 2 really sweet old ladies who just come and wade in the water. One's 70, the other's around 50. Cute grannies, really appreciative and friendly. I wish I'm like them when I get that age...


By the way, did you hear this? Singing sensation MJ aka Michael Jackson is no more. He suffered a cardiac arrest (could be due to a drug overdose by his uncertified doc who's missing). This is sucha loss... He was amazing man, Black and White, Dangerous, Thriller and other unforgettable tracks... Here's my tribute to him... May his soul rest in peace. There won't be another like him...

Time to run. Buzz you later lads and lasses!

Happy weekend!!
Anuja

1 comment:

Sibi said...

Hiii Princess...Long time yaaar....Sweet child o mine is so special to me and you know the reason.Its good that u are enjoying your life now..Well what to dsay about the man'David Blaine'.He can do anything in this world thats impossible for other human beings..
Well, i don't know nicknamed u water baby but whoever it is.it's true..
You havdde done tremndsly well in swimming...keep it up...Lots more to learn..All the best...

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...