Friday, November 25

Que tal ?!!

Hola amigos! Como estais?

(= Hello friends! How are you’all? And que tal is wassup?!!)

All right, all right… I know I’ve turned into one lazy, boring bum… All my blogs contain are book reviews, stories about romance or heartbreak, and a few odd bits in between.

I’m sorry. I’ve just had no time to do anything else these last few weeks (months?)

My days are tumbling into each other, and trust me when I say that I have been doing little else apart from what my routine dictates… Which basically means work 10 hours a day between Monday and Friday, spend half the remaining time on Facebook, and divide the other half among activities like reading books, watching TV (barely), sleeping, yakking on the phone, listening to music, going for my Spanish class, watching movies and hanging out with a select bunch of buddies.

Ahem, sounds like a lot when I jot it down, but doesn’t mean it ain’t predictable.

Soooo… that’s how it is… And while I have no dearth of fun, I sure have my work cut out on a daily basis.

Come to think of it, I’m quite bored about most things that I used to love earlier. Parties don’t excite me, the films that release these days are utterly frustrating (read Rockstar and Desi Boyz). I am not so elated when it comes to either ice creams (Baskin Robbins / Gelato) or food (Italian / Chinese / Thai / South Indian / North Indian)… Get the drift? I guess I’ve relished and overdone all of the above, so now very few things get me jumping.

Of course, travel is still high on the ever-ready list, but I don’t get to engage in it, coz weekdays are workdays and I don’t like using my leave balance much, and weekends are dedicated to Spanish, so that’s that.

Coffee is another evergreen wow. Costa, Mocha and CCD have thus become my fav hangouts.

Life’s not bad, but life could certainly be better. I’m enjoying reading Anita Nair’s “Mistress”, and I make the most of my weekends by catching up on movies (Breaking Dawn this weekend!) and visiting malls (Phoenix is hugggggggeeee!)

Work has become monotonous to an extent despite my trying to fire things up. One of those phases where nothing new happens and whatever does, doesn’t succeed. I’ve, however, crossed an important milestone – I no longer let people’s opinions about me hamper my relationships or alter my actions or choices. As long as I know that the people who matter don’t misunderstand me, I’m happy doing what I want without caring what others think. Gladly, it’s brought about a positive change in most people, so no complaints / regrets.

Went to Mumbai 2 weeks ago for my brother’s birthday. 11-11-11. Broke my glasses. Met my nephew. Had a pretty decent time. I don’t really like Bombay much. Home is where the heart is, and I’ve grown to love Pune. Been here all along, somehow every effort of mine to desert this city have been thwarted, so methinks Pune adores me too much to let me go… It’s now mutual…

Not that I approve or appreciate Pune being bandh coz Sharad Pawar got rightfully slapped in Delhi. Politics and corruption can be dealt with in no milder way.

Kolaveri di, Sachin’s 100th century that was not to be, and Abhi-Ash’s baby girl are making news. But obviously you all know about it, so there’s nothing new that I can add. I hate news anyway.

Simply put… I don’t know what else to write about for now… So, leme introduce myself in Spanish (and show off my newly acquired language skills as well! After all, I’m top of my class and the centre of attention and translation / comprehension!)

Buenas tardes! Me llamo Anuja soy india. Trabajo en IBM. Soy entrenador. Vivo en Pune y mis favorites colores son azul, blanco y rosa. Mis amigos son Deepti, Porky, Bloody Angrez etc. Mi cumpleanos es el veintitres de Julio y soy Leo. Tengo veintiseis anos. Hablo ingles, marathi, hindi, un poco punjabi, aleman y espanol. Estudio espanol en SIFIL. Soy alta y rica, ni soy baja ni fea. Yo prefiero cerveza y vino. Mis aficiones son nadar, escuchar a music, cantar y leer. Me gusta mi vida.

(Figure that out yourselves, my lovelies! Ain’t gona spoon-feed and translate for you!!)

As a parting shot, let me share with you some amazing lines that I read in Mistress… I hope you like them as much as I did… If you don’t, that’s ok as well…

“Trust me. That is all I ask of you. And trust your intelligence. Don’t let someone else decide for you what is within your reach or what is beyond you.”

“Love lives in the present. All else is memory and hope.”

“… stirring in me much of what I have steeled myself to never feel again.”

“I feel nothing for him except perhaps a habitual annoyance”

“… and then it occurs to me why I would never ask Shyam for the moon. I hate having to ask.”

A successful artist isn’t always a good artist or even a happy one.

Cliches are clichés because they are true

“… born with noble blood… could have been heroes… instead they let their dissatisfaction with their destinies curdle their minds, and so they turned out arrogant, evil…”

“You cannot make someone see the truth unless they want to.”

“… with arms that do not touch… with only his eyes… he lets her know he desires her… his smile gathers her in his arms…”

“Learning to like Shyam requires an effort that neither of us wants to make. He makes it so much easier for us to dislike him. Though there are others that think differently. What do they see in him that we don’t?”

“How perfectly they complement each other… There is grief in this, I can already see it happen.”

“I don’t know why I’m doing this. I am not impulsive. But something about you makes me want to be. I’m not questioning my impulse, perhaps neither should you…”

“I knew I shouldn’t stay yet I didn’t want him to be the one to want to leave.”

“His face lights up. Hers, too. And I feel a darkness cloud my eyes.”

“I couldn’t rob an experience from her even if was a mistake.”

“I do not know if what he has told me was to ease his burden or mine.”

“It had been easy to play the valorous hero in front of others. Alone, he had no disguise to hide behind.”

“You will know when you’re ready. Only you can decide that.”

“It is the nature of children to never allow their parents their youth, mistakes or fears.”

“People make mistakes. There is nothing wrong in admitting you made one. But to continue making that mistake, now that is wrong.”

Hasta luego!

Yours truly :-)

Princess

No comments:

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...