Wednesday, August 29

August Rush

Hiya!

So well, to take off from where we left last, after a lot of agonizing and wondering, speculating and criticising, I have finally made up my mind that Aaru Baby will be going to Phoenix. 

My reasons are myriad - top of the list is an unpleasant episode with the Admin head that got me biased against Kothari, as well as the fact that they do not allow eggs even in kids' lunch boxes. I mean, what the hell? Does the school have a right to interfere in the child's diet as well? Not to mention parents who do not have time to pack more elaborate meals for their kids... But the final nail in the coffin was that Phoenix is affiliated (and mentioned clearly) on the CBSE website, whereas Kothari has indirect affiliations through its sister concerns, but not for itself independently. 

A lovely apartment has been chosen as well to be our next abode - I am moving houses every few months, and I'm now a pro in packing up and moving, it seems! It's not fun really, but it doesn't appear very hard either, after having done it so often. The view and location of our new nest more than make up for the bills we're shelling out, and we hope to call it home for upwards of 2-3 years now. Time to kick up our heels and settle in. Touch wood!

This month has been pretty chilled out in terms of work as I wind up my current activities and handover to the team in prep for my exit in 2 weeks. I'm not really sure what I'll do in my break, to be honest, possibly spend time with the fam, sleep, watch endless Adam Sandler and horror movies on Netflix, catch up with buds with buds, read, eat, repeat. Jordan beckons but I'm ok for a short escapade somewhere closer, too. My just-turned-60-yet-looks-16 mother and I could set out to relive our Andaman holiday last year, with the minor in tow, obviously. You will surely hear about that, once I know...

But what I've really had on my mind for the last few days is that we focus too much on the heroes and protagonists at the cost of the side-heroes, villains and cheerleaders. I don't just mean this in the movie context, although that makes for a bright analogy - people watch and applaud the sportsman, the cheerleaders go unnoticed and unappreciated (watch "Death Note" for reference). The hero stands out in movies, but the people who make it happen remain unknown or unliked or unnoticed - this includes the villain and side roles, the makeup and costume guys, spotboys, etc. 

And where am I going with this? When you look at the success of one person, don't forget that it is always team effort - be it the mother/housewife who keeps things in order for the man to shine at work, or the backend team that makes the project manager look like a star - give credit where it is due. If your pride is your winning alone, then you're not looking hard enough. All those speeches when someone wins an award, are true - your family and your support systems must be acknowledged. Not once, or twice. But ongoing. Let your victories not go to your head. It could all collapse without the support of those that love you and vouch for you.

"Gold" - the movie that I watched most recently - a mix of Gadar and Chak De! The wife gives an idea that helps the man get a gold for the hockey team. The junior manager who could not have proved his mettle without the supportive Mr Bhatia. The star centre forwards who could not have shone had the team not worked as one unit. The message has been drilled umpteen times, and that's a great reminder, even if the film itself was not outstanding. Waiting for some fun in the form of "Stree" now... and hoping to finish "The Curse of Bramha" before then.

Adios till then! And peace to Kerala in these troubled time...

Cheers,
Anuja

No comments:

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...