Saturday, July 5

Blah Blah... And blah... And blah

Hey,

I went thru this post before I posted it, and leme warn u, its exceedingly free-flowing, which in simple terms states, that there is no uniform theme. I drift from topic to topic very smoothly and quite seamlessly. I kno it can b frustr8g to read and recollect, but wat-da-heck! Aint dat wat bloggin’s all abt? Ramblin n yakkin n daydreamin galore…

Situations are objective and real. It is wat each one of us, subjectively, makes of these situations dat decides whether it poses an opportunity or obstacle for progress. I read sumwhr (I think the Robbins OB Bible, my fav text during Masters) that people have different perspectives and perceptions about the same thin. For eg. downsizing causes stress to some, while others rejoice coz with the compensation they can start doing what they really wanted to do for ages but never mustered d courage or dedication to do so actively and voluntarily...

Why m delving on this note? Coz I jus recalled how life gave me certain chances. Sum dat I tuk, sum dat I dint, sum dat I shud hav probably, and others dat I shudnt… Sum dat I did well, sum dat I enjoyd… A few of these r ...

My becoming Head Girl in school… I dint want d post (m sure my classmates wnt believ dat!) My principal literally had to coerce me to axpt d post. An unwanted opportunity, a crown of thorns, a role dat I executed, but dint cherish or enjoy…

I was oferd a role in a movie whn I was modelin in my undergrad days… And as I had alrdy causd enuf agony to my parents by modelin in d first place, I decided to give it a miss… An opportunity I din’t take, and I dnt repent…

The next was a chance to join SIBM/SIMC (Symbiosis MBA and Mass Comm institutes) when I was contemplating doing a Masters after BA. But I decided against both and joined MA Psych instead. And m glad for it!

Durin my MA Psych, I was placed at Tata Motors (Univ placement). It was a one-in-a-million chance for the 60+ folks who had come thr to b a part of d selection procedure. Only 2 ppl got thru – me and a woman from d Eco dept. Despite bein oferd a package of close to 5 lacs (phenomenal and unbelievable by MA stds), I decided to refuse due to reasons I’d already justified to myself… In d end wat matters is wat u feel rite… Nothin can be forced on u and nothing is a loss if you are convinced abt whr ur heading…

Just like opportunity, “Shantaram” says thr is no objective n universal definition of good or evil. Our ways of defining d unit of morality hav similar intentions but different details. Whn soldiers go to the war, d imams on one side bless their army, and d priests of d opponent nation pray for their men. Both say they hav God on their side. … Each party justifies its own acts n condemns the acts of others… And wat happens in d end? Bloodshed, destruction, sorrow and frustration… In the end, wat’s gud? Wats evil? Anyone's guess...

My mum says v hav d discretion to choose how we wish to behave, that v control our own actions and desires, but thn she says evrythin is alrdy pland n v r jus actin on Fate’s directions. I get thoroughly annoyd wid this contradiction. Whn smthin hapns ppl say, “honi ko kaun taal sakta hai” (=who can change d inevitable) n yet, they proclaim “kar bhala toh ho bhala” (=if you do good, you’l get good/as u sow, so u reap)… How do v exactly kno wats bound to be and wats d best way for thins to be? Afterthoughts and postdated comments r gud for timepass and gossip. But how can u avoid d worst and ensure d best wid 100% conviction in advance? Anyone's guess again...

Hypocrisy is d mantra v all swear by. Parents ask their kids to drive slow and b safe, yet whn d kid dsnt reach in 10mins, they call him and check again n again y he hasn’t reached! I mean, u askd him to come slow, so..?? Anyway I know what they hav in mind, but its sounded amusing whn I actually saw it happen in fronta me… And wat abt those who tell u to call whn ur free and thn call again and again to know if ur free? Hell, if I am free and if I wish to talk/meet, I WIL buzz u buddy! Take a hike…

I hav a feelin, I’ve seen much mo in my 23 years dan ppl twice my age have even thot abt… This aint arrogance, its an honest confession. Gud or bad, I duno… But my philosophy in life remains “no regrets”. I believ in, and stand by watvr I did at a particular time. I thot it was rite thn so its nt d done thin to now crib or complain abt it… Life has been gud to me, and God has alwes treated me like his favorite child. I guess my faith carries me thru evry crisis… Try it! Esply all u atheists and pessimists. You’ll b amazed wat wonders ur faith works!

Unfortun8ly, I’v nt been so suxesful wid my “no expectations” resolution. I keep promising myslf I wnt expect anything frm people, but I alwes end up hurtin myself n odrs due to my failure in dis dept… Chalo theek hai. M trying...

Mind still whirlin wid words n ideas, but time runnin out! One last thot - Shantaram says all of us fear that a luvd one will stop luvin us, but wat needs to b dreaded is that v wont stop luvin even aftr a person is dead or gone… Amazin...

Time out! Catch ya later folks! Every ready to hear anything u wanta share…

Take care!
Anuja

No comments:

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...