Women are smarter than men! Why? A woman’s best friend are diamonds, while a man’s best friend is a dog!!
(Don’t you look at me like that, this ain’t my brainwave! Read it in the Pease couple’s paperback.)
Do you know kids are born without a sense of identity and the gender identification comes only after a particular age? (refer Developmental Psychology) That is why you see infant boys playing with dolls and crockery. Later, when society drives them into the “men” and “women” mould, then kids start doing “guy things” and “girly stuff”. Yet, the basic patterns remain the same. Girls go hush-hush and discuss menstrual cycles, boys share pubertal secrets and fantasies. While the first couple of years in primary school are spent in keeping away from the opposite gender, the high school days are replete with dating and getting cozy with the other. Crying isn’t for men, and aggression isn’t for women. But both engage openly or subtly in them.
I told you I’d share some fascinating facts about men and women (courtesy: Why Men won’t listen and Women can’t read maps by Allan And Barbara Pease). I’m so conscientious and sincere, na?! Thanks...
So, here are a few interesting things that the book discloses (to those who are unaware) and supports (to us folks who knew it all along) :-
- Women think aloud; if a woman is talking to you a lot, she likes you but if she’s silent you’re in trouble!
- Men hate advice and love advance notice/agendas
- When a man is silent, it’s easy for a woman to start feeling unloved.
- 90% of prisoners are men (the author doesn’t say whether that means women are rarely criminals or they don’t get caught!)
- This one’s my favorite! It’s good to be a man coz you can eat a banana in public without being embarrassed, and its good to be a woman coz you can cross your legs without adjusting yourself!
- Sex - women need a reason, men need a place.
- If a woman is unhappy in her relationships, she can’t concentrate on work. If a man is unhappy at work, he can’t focus on his relationships.
- To prove his love for her, he climbed the highest mountain, swam the deepest ocean and crossed the widest desert. But she left him. He was never home.
I could tell you tons more (principally some overwhelming and hilarious sex facts!); but we need to get on. I promise some more juicy / handy stuff for ya guys in my next post!
And now for the news updates. (Darn, this is getting to be a regular column!)
You must have heard of Raj Thackeray’s arrest. I wouldn’t want to comment on it overtly and explicitly, but I’m sure we all know what our first reactions were. Apparently, they were considering keeping him behind bars till Nov 4th... Hehe, as if! He was let off yesterday and the Marathi manoos celebrated this event with zeal greater than Diwali!
The next bit is about the global financial crisis. After Jet Airways, it’s Yahoo now that’s sacking people... It never struck me how far-reaching consequences certain events can have. Bhabi was complaining that Vodafone is losing a lot of customers as employees are being fired and obviously their corporate telephone connections are being revoked. This is how the entire puzzle of life fits together! Everything in harmony, all pieces of a single jigsaw. Vary one unit and another changes... Thank God there’s unity there at least...
And to end with a few laughs...Last night I lay in my bed looking at the beautiful stars, the moon and the sky...then I thought... where the hell is my roof?!!!
First the engagement ring, then the wedding ring, and then the suffering...
Merry Christmas, Enjoy New Year, Happy Easter, Good luck on Valentines, Spooky Halloween & Happy Birthday. Now bug off and don't annoy me for the next 12 months!!!!
Wife: Why are you home so early?Husband: My boss told me to go to hell.
Q: Why are Egyptian children always confused?A: Because after death, their daddy becomes the mummy.
Said to a railroad engineer: What’s the use of having a train schedule if the trains are always late?Reply from the railroad engineer: How would we know they were late, if we didn’t have a schedule?!! ;-)
And check out his amazing post if you love the way Bengalis talk! http://biprashish.blogspot.com/2008/10/alphabetical-bengali.html
Keep laughing people! See ya!