Tuesday, December 1

December 2009

Hay Allah, there's so much to tell you and so little time... And this stupid keyboard with all the keys smudged sure doesn't ease my troubles...

(I am a good workman honestly assessing my shitty tools. Just for the records.)

So, I've watched 2012 and De Dana Dan over the weekend, I've visited Madhouse Grill, Malaka Spice (Street?) and Foodlink, and I've caught up with a few of my bestest pals. Quite am exciting inventory, eh? 8-)

But before that, leme do my duty - that of telling you it's World AIDS Day today. This day is observed on December 1 each year and is dedicated to raising awareness about HIV and AIDS. (GK titbit : The first ever such day was in 1988.) Do your bit - wear a red ribbon today to support people living with HIV; this simple act is a powerful way to challenge the stigma and prejudice surrounding HIV and AIDS.

2012 is a magnificent movie to say the least. The sense of doom I felt in Final Destination is comparable to the numbness I felt when I saw the world as we know it collapsing like a helpless castle of cards. The brilliant direction and graphics coupled with the authentic emotions of the main characters made the movie a fantabulous watch. I'm so glad I didn't miss this one... It could've been shorter, though. I personally don't like lengthy English movies (anything over 110 minutes figures as "lengthy"), that is the forte of Bollywood with it's song and scene rigmarole. But I repeat, 2012 is a must watch. A cool 9 on 10 from me. Excellent. Scary.

De Dana Dan is OK. It had the potential to be super, but they killed the fun by mixing too many characters with too many plots. Everybody seems wasted in their role - Akshay Kumar, Rajpal Yadav, Katrina Kaif, Archana Puran Singh, Suniel Shetty, Sameera Reddy... The only folks who landed meaty bits are the inimitable Johny Lever and Paresh Rawal. I must say the plots are woven intricately together to form a hilarious climax, but as they say "too many cooks spoil the broth". (This seems to have become a day and post full of proverbs!) The film definitely bestows a few laughs akin Hera Pheri and Hungama, but Priyan really needs to buck up if he wants to live up to his hit comedy brigade... This is a 6 on 10 from me. Decent timepass types.

Partying with the gals is the perfect way to blow away the cobwebs from your brain, and that is exactly what I've been doing. Met my college sweethearts (girls, obviously - didn't you read the above line properly?) and had a terrific time talking about everything factual, hypothetical, biological and rhetorical. Deepti, Natasha, Sana... you rock, ladies!!! I hope we do this more often :-)

And oh foodies, you may visit Foodlink to enjoy the Indian starters and Italian fare with some sensational drinks. It's located on Senapati Bapat Road in ICC - Wing B. What made my visit awesome was that I met a dear long-lost friend there. He's the Ops Manager, and he ensured my evening was wonderful. The staff is very sweet and young (handsome, too!) and the music was just what I wanted to hear - classic, relaxing and fun! It got chilly towards midnight but I didn't want to leave... Knowing that my amazing weekend is over... and I have to get back to work... slog all week... Shucks!

Will cope... I'm a survivor...

-Princess

2 comments:

vishal said...

catching up wid college pals is always fun n tryin to revive those wonderful days..sounds great to me..yup me nt goin for De dana Dan wil take it on DVD but cant wait 4 Paa
vishal

ani_aset said...

i'm not wasting time on de dana dan..and your review of 2012 is completely contrasting yaar :) my colleagues said it was horrible :P

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...