Saturday, January 17

Gaana Bajaana...

I need to sit down and make a blog directory sometime. There are over 140 posts here, not archived in a very user-friendly fashion.

Of course, the titles of my rants in the current month get displayed (on the left, between my affiliations and useless knowledge widget). But after that you’re on your own. There’s just the month of the present year and number of posts, and then the number of posts in the last year. Poof. The tags and labels are also not all-inclusive and exhaustive. Not a great way to entice readers with different interests, eh?!!

Soon. Soon.

Right now, I’m in the mood for some poetry. Are you?

My eyes fill up with impulsive tears,
My mind grapples with mysterious fears,
As I pass each day aimlessly,
My peace stands far afield and jeers.

Those that were balms someday,
For whom I with every breath pray,
They’re making my life an uphill task,
Even as in my heart they stay.

My spirit abounds with dreams galore,
Something tells me the best’s yet in store,
Why then does everything feel so bleak?
Why then does disquiet shroud my core?

Since contentment bade farewell, smiles have departed,
My soul like a board, has all bitterness recorded,
Anger, dread and frustration tinge all I do or say,
And yet I remain the person most wounded.

If I had a magic wand, I’d flick it once and sing,
Let this to all and sundry, hope and joy bring,
Let destiny bless them who live on earth today,
Man or woman, beggar and king.

The last paragraph doesn’t feel too right to me... It’s just like those typical Bollywood movies that HAVE to end happily irrespective of the plot and drama...

Well... couldn’t think of any other way to conclude... Best pass on optimism when you not sure, dude!!

(Ok, that was crap... But, it rhymed!)

Have a good day and a great weekend!
Lonely Princess

4 comments:

Sibi said...

My spirit abounds with dreams galore,
Something tells me the best’s yet in store,
Why then does everything feel so bleak?
Why then does disquiet shroud my core?
My fav lines..Coz this is the truth tat the best is yet come yo way girl..Jus don't lose heart and patience.U have not even lived half yo life.There is lot and lot more to come baby...Jus keep the faith..U r a brave and very interesting girl.Very very good poetry..U asked are we(readers) interested in poetry?let me tell if nybody wasn't then after reading it he/she must then get into the mood.Have a good weeknd...Byeee..

Unknown said...

IMHO this aint crap.Infact you should write more!!!
-Sridhar

The Wandering Gypsy said...

Hey, I'm visiting your blog after a week and it is always a pleasure to read your posts :) Nice poem as well:)

Princess said...

Thanks Sibs, Sridhar and TWG for your appreciation. Makes my day to read your comments, guys!!

Hope all well with you. Do keep visiting and giving feedback!

Cheers!
Anuja

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...