Wednesday, August 20

Jaipur calling...

Mubarake tumhe ki tum... Kisi ke noor ho gaye...
Kisi ke itne paas ho... Ki sab se door ho gaye....

Hows it goin people!

Started wid 2 lines from the brilliant song of yesteryear “Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Ye”, coz several peers from my school and college days r getin married... May they hav long happy married lives! And their spouses too ;-) Cheers everybody!

Here I am... this is me, there’s nowhere else on earth I’d rather be...

Sorry for driftin away wid one of my fav English tracks. Returnin to d topic - Here I am, bac from the HSBC Asset Mngt. (AMC) 160 people program at Le Meridien, Jaipur. This annual offsite with the tagline “Get Set Go” and the theme “Focus” was between 15-17th Aug, 08 and it was a gala affair, both for the employees from all over India as well as us, the facilitators and consultants. Before I hit the accelerator and start rambling on about the fundoo events thr, leme start at the beginin n tell u abt a few thins on the way...

As I hurtled down the Mumbai-Pune expresway to catch the IC flight to Jaipur from Mumbai on the 15th noon, I tuned to the radio and heard the song “aaya hai raja logo re logo....” blaring from the speakers. Have u heard it? Weird song, na! Anyways, thrs a line “shero ka main hu sher yaaro” n guess wat I saw as I looked outa d window – a Syntel hoarding wid a lion! Hehe... creepy coincidence...

A smile came to my face as I was reminded of fun times as an undergrad at CCD on FC Road whr d tv was on mute and jukebox was belting away songs in all languages and tones. V used to match d two and hav a hearty laugh as d tv showd sumthin very decent and d lyrics wer profane and funny! Similar to MTV lipsync. Its cool n its crazy n it’s a whole lot of fun. Top it up wid the Channel V Bai... hehe, funny woman fishin, throwin knives and makin jalebis, all in a typical navvari/kashta... Hats off to innovativeness! Speakin of which, hav u seen d condom ad on Channel V? It starts wid a typical Indian lifestyle, whr evrythin is kept coverd and protected in plastic coats, rite frm d remote control to car seats to mobile phones... And thn d punch-line : y nt ur masculine vitals ;-)

What did I see in Jaipur? Several majestic elephants, a not-so-tiny mouse, monkeys and cows, camels, dogs and cats... It was like a pakka zoo! Other than that a Hanuman temple as I was reciting the hanuman chalisa (coincidence strikes again), the Hawa Mahal which has 180+ windows thru which women in old times used to glance out on the streets unseen by human eyes from below, Amer fort and jostling, colorful markets. As Le Meridien is outside Jaipur city, I got a dose of sightseeing each time I cruised from ITC Sheraton (whr v wer put up) to the hotel for the program.

AMC is a young, creative, energetic group. They had skits on one day, team building (our session) the next day, and a conference the last day. It was fun to conduct all the activities and meet people from various locations and backgrounds. This being my first offsite as a hardcore, efficient and independent Associate Consultant, it was a tough task for me to set up the activities and assist in the facilitation and administration. However, I think I did reasonably well given my lead faculty’s appreciative comments, my sweating frame and aching back. All a wonderful scheme for the Pajama Party d same night...

Madeira (aka alcohol urf daru) reduces inhibitions and gives u courage. To say it is one thin; to experience it, another! It really helps you forget your aches and pains, plus assists u to bestow cheerful smiles upon acquaintances, strangers and adversaries alike. Getting high is d perfect excuse to :
- Realize all your age-old ambitions and dreams,
- Approach cute, young strangers and strike conversations,
- Compliment your boss on facilitating, networking and connecting skills.

Probably a few mo thins that I wudnt mention here ;-)

However, the point is, music and food and alcohol was flowing. Thr was a troupe of dancers who gave the audience a visual treat, and everyone enjoyed themselves to the core. Three cheers for the coordinators and event managers! Hip hip... hurray!

After the great nite, twas no ez task to catch the morning flight to Mumbai. I managed, of course, and here I am now... Reminiscing about the trip as I get bac to whr I’d let off... A fantastic experience! Including the free seating hullabaloo on the departing flight and the drunken-hungover journey over the returning one...

Did I tell u I saw Singh is King (whatever d spellin wid triple n’s and double g’s) last week. Twas ok if u left ur brains home. Poor Ranvir Shorey cud’v done wid a betr role, n Akshay n Katrina r as fresh as ever. Awaiting Phoonk this Friday...


The latest update... India won a bronze in wrestling at the Beijing Olympics! wowow... Abhinav Bindra set up quite a record wid his gold in Shooting... may d gud times roll!

Catch ya later then!
Adios!

No comments:

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...