Monday, January 5

The First Few

Happy New Year 2015 amigos!!

Writing the date for the initial couple of times will be a task as our mind keeps recalling the year as 2014. However, that shall soon come to pass. Exactly like how a few other things get easier with time and practice.

I've gained enormously due to my pregnancy and the weight remains worrisome post delivery. At least I and my doctors think so; the ladies in the family aren't done stuffing me with fattening foodstuffs that will "miraculously cure my aches and benefit me in the long run". Not only that, they are strictly against my resuming any sort of exercise for the coming months. Thank God I ain't the obedient and superstitious types.

In reality, I need to go for long runs and get back in shape. Round isn't the preferred shape for me. Yet.

As I was dressing up all geared up for my walk, scarcely did I realise how tough it would be starting an exercise regimen. We get used to the easy life surprisingly fast, as I was discussing with my better half the other day; nothing is as simple as eating, sleeping and faffing away.

I have always been the fit and fine types, and I used to walk briskly even during my pregnancy, much to the agony of my colleagues in the final trimester. Yet, the first few days I went for a walk were not what I'd call a piece of cake. My legs were heavy as lead and I had a stitch in my side within the first ten minutes. I could have stopped then and hopped back home without any worry or blame, but I knew that if I did, I would never manage to achieve my goal. I persevered and I'm happy to say that I look and feel fitter in the last few days than I did before.

The first few times are always tough. Then things get easier.

If you give up in the first go, remember it will seem even more daunting.

Life with a baby also falls under the same category. Getting used to not putting yourself first and trying to comprehend the needs and complaints of your newborn is an experience like none other. I've gone absolutely nuts in the first month unsure if I'd be able to cope with motherhood. Now when I look at my 50 day old angel, I know those sleepless nights and frustrated moments were all worth it. And it will get better with time...

Relationships, they aren't an exception either. The first few days, especially of a couple who have married for love, are difficult I'm my opinion. Your entire life and perspective changes. What seemed cute earlier becomes irritating and one wonders why he or she decided to take the plunge at all. But rest assured, life gets better once you understand and accept each other. At least that's how it was for me and my husband. Not that now we're the epitome of a perfect married couple, but we sure aren't doing too poorly either.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Just remember to hang in there. Never mind what you're going through, it will get easier. Keep the faith.
God bless you and me, too.

Cheerio!
Princess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Anuja and to your family. Wish you the very best in 2015, plenty of joy and happiness.
Cheerio

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...