Wednesday, January 27

Bring Me To Life

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb
Without a soul, my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home.

Wake me up, Wake me up inside
I can't wake up, Wake me up inside
Save me, Call my name and save me from the dark...

Wake me up, Bid my blood to run
I can't wake up, Before I come undone
Save me, Save me from the nothing I've become...

In case you haven't guessed, these are the lyrics of the song "Bring me to Life" by Evanescence. Lovely song, extremely passionate and rhythmic. Got a lot of fresh tracks added to my cell-fone, so spend a lot of time listening to Jay Sean, Akon, Atif Aslam and others.

You know, my life is pretty exciting, but being a moderately social and quite organized individual, there are few things that I can share apart from non-stop highs and lows in my relationships, movies and parties that I've been to, and other trivia stuff that I come across. Of course, if there were some novel happenings, like maybe I got married and I could bitch about my husband and his idiosyncrasies ;-) OR if I got into Harvard (that I haven't applied to!) and met some cool profs and friends, then I would write about my daily experiences... And that would really be cool... But as I said, aisa kuch hai nahi, so you gotta bear with me. As much as I like blogging and hearing from you, I'm falling short of things to write about... Confession confession...

Of course, I've received an interview invitation from Michigan State Univ (MSU Broad) and my telephonic chat with them is slated for Feb 4th, so that's one thing I'm anxious and excited about. Shall let you know what the outcome is... But until then, there's nothing really "happening" happening... Thoda bahut padhai for TOEFL, hanging out with friends and chilling out with the colleagues, and that's about it...

Anyways, I don't know if I've told you I'm going to Pondicherry in February. It's like a dream come true for me, coz I've alwayssssss wanted to go there, right since the time I was a kid. Neither my family nor friends ever planned a trip there, so I find myself making my own arrangements and heading off alone. It's gona be super fun! I'm SO looking forward to chilling out on the beach and having a great time all by myself! No one around to bug the s**t outta me, no one to act crazy and ruin my mood, no on to please and no one to care about except myself. Woo hoo :-D

I'll be gone between the 7th and 13th, back in time for Valentine's. I hope this one is super special, unlike the previous ones...

But aah, before that comes my TOEFL... On Jan 31st (Sunday)... And while I'm not amazingly prepared, I'm working on it everyday now. Hope I do well.

And ya, two things that I recall having read recently that stayed with me long after I'd turned the pages...
- Peace is not just the absence of violence; it's when the flowers bloom (I believe this is by Amrita Pritam, the famous Indian poet/writer of Punjabi origin)
- Women give sex in order to get love, men give love to get sex. (I'm expecting some debate here! But hey, these aren't my words, I read them in Rajashree's novel titled "Trust Me")

Talk to you later! Shall write in when I can...

Until then, you can browse the other articles on my blog. There's a lot that you haven't read, I'm sure!


Keep the faith,
Princess

2 comments:

In Thought Process said...

Love the way you write. Should keep writing more often. Very best of LUCK for TOFEL and Interview.

Princess said...

Thanks :)

How you doing?

-Princess

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...