Monday, September 15

Post-Pleasure Plummet

Heya buddies!

I met an old school fren recently. The great news is he’s goin around wid a gal from our very class, and I’m so happy for both of them! I was surprised at my excitement, coz I couldn’t help recall a few facts centering around him...

1. I had a crush on him ya! For 3 solid years! How can I rejoice his hookin up wid anodr gal? Of curz a lot of time has passed... Feelings, people, life – nuthin’s the same...
2. Once, when he proposed to my gud fren in school (under pressure, he says), I felt a lil happy, but not too great... (They broke up widin a week, tho...)
3. When a gud fren from school announced at our reunion that they wer goin around, I was hurt and astonished... Why dint he tell me before? We were best frens in school – the 3 of us... Besides, how cud they hook up?!!! I know they shared great chemistry, but HOW...!!!

Anyway, I can c u yawnin away so I’l come to the point. The main thin is, once you let a person go, nuthin he/she does brings pain. As long as I considerd him my property, whether deliberately or unintentionally, with or widout his consent/knowledge, I kept hurtin myself by takin evrythin concerning him, personally. Now, when v’v moved poles apart, it really doesn’t matter who his current flame is. I can only congratulate him and wish him the best in his life. Besides, the gal is really sweet and simple, and she looks like a bomb now! ;-) Amazin how assessments and cognitions change with the passage of time. Nothin is forever...

Moral of the story – acceptance is the key to happiness. Learn when to let go, and learn to be happy for others. When you let go, you feel happy for others. (Wah, kya logic!! Looks like a learnt a bit from my logic lessons in Fergi Junior Coll...)

M Orkut-ing and LI-ing to the hilt. The entire world is on Orkut! In the last couple of days, I’v re-connected with a zillion lost frens and buddies on this site. Feels great! Especially reading the “about me” column where u actually understand what a person is, or at least what he/she thinks he/she is! All of us are so adept at forming our own judgments about people, that we scarcely ever check with them about what’s correct or incorrect, as well as what their own perceptions are. Someone I know as a family fren apparently writes poems! And another person who I’v known to be quiet and reserved has described self as creative, dreamy, confident! It’s amazing. A silver lining in every cloud – black, white or grey... However, I wish they’d hav names and snaps displayed to identify people. When a user changes his profile name, thrs no way to understand who they are! Especially whn people scrap and say “hi, wasup” and thrs no accompanyin name tag or pic dat can help u get ur bearings right. However, I find the site much betr dan Facebook. Don’t ask me why, tho the latter has a better website and news-feeds, too. Flickr, WAYN, Tagged, Hi5, Octopop (initially Gazzag, I think) are other sites dat I’ve chosen to stay away from. Cant manage 2 profiles, as it is! Unfortunately, Linked-In’s getting a tad boring. Otherwise the Q-A section is a delight!

I had an amazing weekend after ages... Or rather, anything dat’s not a weekend, feels like ages ;-) Watched The Last Lear, and wondered about what the crux of the movie was... Was it about depressed, exploited and harassed women? Was it about an artist (whose craft has become obsolete) leading an eccentric life? Was it about how people can go to any lengths to achieve their aims and perfections? Was it about the bonding between men, women, artists? Or was it about feelings, actions and impressions? I leave u to find the answers – the movie isn’t too great, but individual performances are astounding. What can you expect when the Shehenshah of Bollywood is part of the endeavor? And Arjy boy’s getting better and better! Movie rating 4/10, individual actors rating 8/10.

Apart from the movie, there’s been the usual weekend action – hangin out and chattin n lazing around. Oh, and I’ve enjoyed goin over the past (my Dear Diaries and modeling portfolios). And yeah, I’v freaked out whn a cat spoke to me... It opened and shut its mouth thrice, all the while starin sharp at me, and it said sumthin to me in an eerie human way... Brrrr....

The higher you climb, the steeper/deeper is the fall. After a fun-filled, exciting weekend, the week seems too long for me to drag on. There’s no light at the end of the tunnel, and I’m wondering how I’m gona keep up my spirits with the droopy face that I’m carryin on my shoulders... Work’s no pleasure these days, nor is there any other passion for me to get up and get goin...

Goin on a sad trip! Leme come bac to ya whn I’v sumthin mo concrete to talk about. Until then, lets all bow our heads in prayer and hope the week shrinks to half its standard size!

Amen.

1 comment:

sumant said...

kya mulgiii?? u seemed to be bored a lot..and that reflects from ur blog.thts nt my bossy ! ! come on get the energy and get into some spirit..did u get your book? lots of things in this blog and i remember the party you attended and the guy too ;)..& abt work..its happens..jst a phase..have some dorabjee coffee and u will be dancing again..cya bossy..hmm hmm hmm

Shadow

He looked at her like she was the air he breathed, Without, he would collapse.  He lived to see her smile, Her dimples, his prized possessio...